Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Rejection

As I mentioned yesterday, the new major issue is rejection and while this is always a reality, this one is more significant than the doctors had anticipated. This is the same rejection issue mentioned several days ago and was not specifically identified until the results of the recent biopsy was available.

Joy tolerated the pre-meds and then the rejection med which was administered by IV during the night. This med mandated that vitals were taken every 15 minutes for the six hour duration of the infusion. Not ideal for a restful nights sleep.

After a couple hours to recover from this, she walked three good laps and had to return to the chair and subsequently the bed to prepare for todays pre-meds and a four hour dose of the rejection med. The med as Joy puts it, comes from the Easter Bunny. Look on the internet for anti-thymocyte globulin rabbit and you will see why. Anyone want a dose of this knowing the potential side effects? Fortunately, Joy seems to be tolerating this at the present time and BP has remained stable with the support of dopimine.

We expect the same routine over the next three days and hope she can still continue some walking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joy
We have faith that this too will pass. Keep walking and resting and let the meds work for you. Joy,you are continually in our thoughts and prayers.
Wayne, thank you for writing of Joy's progress and even the set-backs which must be very difficult to do.
Love
Kitty and Bill

Anonymous said...

Dear Joy, Wayne and family,
I just purchased school supplies and put them in the bin at Walmart. This was before I heard about Joy's request so I will go buy some more just for her. This is so thoughtful and so typical of Joy. I want you to know that Joy is on the prayer chain at church so many more people are praying for her who she doesn't even know. Keep up the positive and determined outlook. God is watching over you all.
I haven't packed for our trip yet so I need to get started. We are taking Samson along so that should make for an interesting trip to Ft. Lauderdale and back.
God bless,
Laraine

Anonymous said...

Dear Joy and Wayne: It sounds like you're taking this next round like the good fighters you are - it's knock down, not a knock out. I'm so happy to hear that Joy is still walking and moving towards the ultimate goal.
Blessings, Dee

Steve said...

Dear Joy & Wayne,
Well, you warned us this recovery business would be a bumpy ride. But still, these new complications have caused us all a lot of worry. At least the doctors have idenified the rejection problem. And it sounds like Joy is tolerating the new treatments well. We're glad to hear that Joy is keeping focused on the Positives. That's always a big Plus. Thanks for keeping us updated. Please give Joy a big squeeze for us!
Love to all,
Steve & Trina