Modified swallow test indicated "some" aspiration but test was completed late in the day so we do not know where they will go with this.
Vomiting has ceased but it should since she hasn't eaten and water only limited to small sips with some meds that cannot be handled through IV's. Back on the stomach feed for 24 hours, not just 14, at least for now. Chest x-ray has changed very little. O2 levels drop significantly for any activity other than laying in bed. They feel this should improve as the body rids the aspiration from the lungs.
Now it is the weekend and nothing will happen!
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Joy and Wayne,
I'm still struggling with posting comments, but I've been reading your blogs and keeping you in my prayers. I sent you something, but don't know how long it will take to get there. But that may be for the best considering Joy isn't feeling too well right now. I certainly hope that they get things straightened out and that she is soon on the final road to recovery. Hang in there, both of you!
Love,
Laraine
Hey Joy & Wayne,
It's Monday morning and we hope Joy made lots of progress over the weekend- or at the very least managed to get some rest! We're anxious to hear the results of these on-going tests. Thanks again for keeping us up to date with the blog. It's amazing you find the time considering everything that's going on.
Love to all,
Steve & Trina
Post a Comment