We spent the day at the hospital Wednesday with pre-surgical testing prior to the bronch / dilation procedure. It may be to early, but Joy feels she may be breathing easier but make no mistake about it, still short of breath most of the time. Time should be the healer, so they say.
Thursday's clinic was the usual "all day sucker" but at this moment in time, her numbers appear to be stable or improving. She is tolerating the "real food diet" but appetite is nill and the size of her meals are very, very small. NOW! for the first time in her life, she is advised to maintain or gain weight....................not lose anymore. She is down to her high school weight and can't believe it.
We anticipate the surgeon to place Joy on regular diet and eliminate the nightly tube feeding when we meet with him next Friday. If she tolerates that and does not lose weight, the Team will meet and hopefully concur that she can be released to return to Illinois sometime in early January. A lot of if's to go.............
But she is encourage that the is the FIRST real conversation about her leaving the area albeit to return every month or so for awhile before 3 month return visits become the norm.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Carolina pines.
Friday, December 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dear Joy and Wayne
We are thrilled to see that Joy is doing better and making tremendous progress.
Please have a Joyous Christmas in the "pines" and a Happy New Year. 2008 will be a break through year for both of you. It is time to say goodbye to 2007 and look forward to a bright 2008.
Hope to see you in Illinois when the time is right.
Love
Kitty and Bill
Dear Joy and Wayne,
The blog is giving me fits, but I am ecstatic about your progress, Joy! I am still packing and it's midnight, but thought I'd see how you are doing. I have to pack dogfood, gifts, stocking stuffers, clothes for hot and cold weather. I can hardly wait to see how much extra they charge for our bags. I hope you have a relaxing and noneventful Christmas and that you will be heading back home soon in the New Year!
Love,
Laraine
Post a Comment