The last couple weeks has seen a regression and my senses were telling me that Joy would be back in the hospital soon for whatever ailed here. But we escaped with only an emergency visit.
Brother Don and wife Bonnie were in the area visiting their daughter Lora and met me close by for lunch when I received an urgent call from Joy. We quickly returned to the apartment, assessed the situation and Don and I loaded her in the "family truckster" and off to Duke we went.
Many of the regressive issues and concerns appear to be medicine induced reactions or intolerance which I have suspected for some time. Her doctor eliminated two meds that he felt were causing these issues but it is my guess is that it will take some time for her system to react. He later added a mineral supplement to bolster that deficiency.
In addition to the daily Center for Living rehab and weekly clinic appointments, she has an appointment with the Pain Management Clinic (continued back pain issues) on 10/24, surgical bronc / biopsy on 10/22 and Nissen (stomach surgery) on 10/31, so that should keep her busy!
But, Duke football continues to lose, The Ohio State University Buckeyes continue on a roll and for my Notre Dame friend Dave, he is happy just to win a game. And for my Northwestern fan Dave, he is happier about his season than the Dukies so everybody is a winner! And for our Penn State loyalists, it may be tough love time and merely say "it is time for you to go". smile. Duke women's and men's basketball practice starts tonight so I know where I will spend my afternoons for a couple weeks while Joy sweats it out at CFL. I was lucky enough to purchase face value tickets for two regular season Duke men's basketball games................priceless! I just knew there was a reason we had to remain here.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Joy & Wayne,
Being such an avid sports enthusiast, I can relate to Wayne's excitement in getting the Blue Devil season tickets. But, I have to tell you both, that you rate way up there on my admiration scale. I don't know how many of your friends are following this journey, but you are both giving so much more than you can ever imagine. Thanks for sharing your difficult journey !!!
Joy, I remember so vividly your bright smile ( did you know about teeth whitener before they invented it ? ) and distinct laugh. And even though the Blue Devils' football prowess flounders, Wayne will find solace in the epitomy of one of the finest basketball programs and Mr. K - as you continue to meet each weekly challenge knowing the peace of the Lord walks with you. Take heart - your classmate and TN friend - Bob L.
Hey Guys,
Time for tuff love?? We beat Wisconsin- go figure. Sounds like the long trail to recovery is about on course. Let's hope these last few procedures will be another turning point for Joy. We've just returned from a Fall foliage tour through Vermont and upstate New York- lots of beautiful scenery. Trina is already talking about going back. Mom & Dad babysat our golden retriever for the week we were gone. So now, Dad wishes he had a fulltime dog around the house--not! Only a couple weeks until the PSU/OSU matchup. Maybe it won't be a total blowout. I hear Joe is telling the troops to take it easy on the buckeyes this year! Thanks again for keeping us posted.
Love to all,
Steve & Trina
Post a Comment